All training runs from 9:00 to 16:30 every day.
About the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course
This certification covers the international standard published by the International Standardization Organization (ISO), that describes how to manage information security in a company. ISO 27001 can be implemented in any kind of organization, profit or non-profit, private, small or large government owned. It also enables companies to become certified, which means that an independent certification body has confirmed that an organization has implemented information security compliant with ISO 27001.
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process. Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices. This training is based on both theory and best practices used in ISMS audits. Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies. Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role-playing and discussions. Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam.
- Understand the operations of an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
Introduction to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and ISO/IEC 27001
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental principles of Information Security Management Systems
- Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Evidence based audit approach
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Stage 2 audit (Part 1)
On-site audit activities
- Stage 2 audit (Part 2)
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and non-conformity reports
Closing the audit
- Documentation of the audit and the audit quality review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluating action plans by the auditor
- Benefits of the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit program
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
- Closing the training
The Online Classroom includes:
- Access to recordings and course content for 360 days.
- Interactive flash cards to reinforce learning
- Independent reading and learning activities
- Case studies and real-world scenarios
- Knowledge checks after each domain
- Post-course assessment questions to gauge exam readiness
This training course is intended for professionals who are working in the field of information security and would like to use ISO/IEC 27001 International Standard to assess an organization’s ability to meet their own information security requirements.