How to Design and Build Effective Cybersecurity Training and Awareness Program
Intellfence BV teach and mentor professionals to develop and implement a cybersecurity training and awareness program for their organization.
How To Empower
Your End Users For CyberSecurity
The training covers what an organization should do to design, develop, implement, and maintain a Cybersecurity training and awareness training for user as a part of the IT security program. It includes awareness and training needs of all users of an organization’s IT, from employees to supervisors and functional managers, to executive-level managers.
Content of the Training and Awareness Kit
The Cybersecurity Training and Awareness Kit contains the following aspects:
- Security Awareness and Training Program development Kit
- The Training Modules
- Awareness Kit
- Phishing Simulation Software.
The Training Content
The training is aimed at teaching
- How to create a training and awareness program development plan.
- Determine the priority levels of the current security topics.
- Select Security topics for training modules
- Assess potential training groups
- Perform a group risk analysis.
- Review audience groups and determine which topics need to be delivered to each group
- Identify the unique audience groups within your organization and the threats they face.
- Build a training program development plan.
- Identify Metrics for Program Success Measurement
- Select and prioritize security topics for training content.
- Select metrics for measuring program effectiveness.
- Execute some of the low-hanging fruit initiatives for collecting metrics: e.g. create a knowledge test, feedback survey, or gamification guide.
- Discuss potential delivery mechanisms for training, including the purchase and use of a vendor.
- If selecting a vendor, review vendor selection criteria and discuss potential vendor options.
- If creating content in-house, review and select available
- Build training modules.
- Create an ongoing training schedule.
- Define and document your end users’ responsibilities towards their security.
The Training Deliverables
At the end of the training/workshop the participants will be able to do the following:
- Customized development plan for the program.
- Tool for tracking metrics.
- Customized knowledge quiz ready for distribution.
- Customized feedback survey for training.
- Gamification program outline.
- Risk profile for each identified audience group.
- Priority scores for all training topics.
- List of relevant security topics for each identified audience group.
- Vendor assessment tool and shortlist.
- Customized security training presentations.
- Training schedule.
- Security job description template.
- End-user training policy.
The Training Modules
The Toolkit contains training materials to get you started on remote training and awareness.
- Training Materials – Phishing
- Training Materials – Incident Response
- Training Materials – Cyberattacks
- Training Materials – Web Usage
- Training Materials – Physical Computer Security
- Training Materials – Passwords
- Training Materials – Security for Remote workers
- Training Materials – Social Engineering
- Training Materials – Email Templates
- Training Materials – Mobile device Security
- Training Materials – Password Management
Security Awareness and Training Program development Kit
- A needs assessment tool
- End user Job description security addition template
- Security Training Program Manual
- Security awareness and training feedback template
- Security Training campaign development